So guess what Republican is the projected winner of the Iowa Caucuses, with 86% of the precincts reporting?
10:30 p.m….Some of the kitties thought they would help put away the ornaments. They aren’t really that much help Blackjack thought he’d just step on over to the other box after he woke up Scamper:
Taz decided she just had to have a nap. Blue and Domino were snuggling together on a warm afghan, while Wheezer was keeping an eye on everybody from above:
The pictures are slightly blurred, because one of the problems my camera is having is with the autofocus.
7:00 p.m….My cousin, Greg, had his kidney removed today and came through the surgery fine. They apparently had to do a more involved incision because of scar tissue from surgeries when he had Hodgkins Lymphoma. His sister emailed me this afternoon. She said she would send more updates later.
5:20 p.m…..I’m going through old VHS tapes to see what I need to save. I’ve gotten sidetracked….I found the tape of our church homecoming in 1990.
“Political action is the highest responsibility of a citizen.”
— Sen. John F. Kennedy, Oct. 20, 1960
Beth didn’t go to work today. Her eyes are really bad. She’s even wearing her sunglasses in the house because the light hurts her eyes so much. Her bosses told her yesterday that if her eyes hurt as bad today as they did yesterday, for her to stay home. They really do care about her over there. I wish I understood why in this past year, she has had more medical problems than she has had in her whole life. We went to the ER twice in 2007. She had not been since she was 10 months old when she fell and cut her head open. She has a scar above her left eye where she got stitches. Her cousin Michael (the one who just got married) has the same scar in the same place. They also weighed the same when they were born. They’re twins that are 9 months apart.
I’m just keeping my eyes open to watch for a reason all this is happening. There is a thought that’s kind of nagging at me. I’ll just wait and see.
I do hope that she finds a husband who is patient with medical problems. Steve has loved me eventhough I have a ton of medical problems. But his dad did not want him to marry “somebody that’s sick all the time.”
I thought this was funny:
Veterans’ Bill Of Rights
I support the following VETERANS’ BILL OF RIGHTS for issues that are not being adequately addressed:
- The right to a mandatory rather than a discretionary mechanism for funding veterans’ health care, to eliminate year-to-year uncertainty that the funds they need will be there for them
- The right to obtain full and clear explanation of all benefits and comprehensive assistance in obtaining those benefits.
- The right to have a claim processed within six months.
- The right to the fullest possible accounting of the fate of POW/MIAs and the right to be designated as POW/MIA.
- The right to access state-of-the-art treatment facilities for traumatic brain injuries.
- The right of National Guard and Reserve personnel called to active service to receive the same benefits as active duty veterans.
- The right of disabled veterans to receive both their military retirement and VA compensation.
- The right of wounded Reserve troops to be treated like their active duty counterparts until their claims have been processed.
- The right of wounded veterans and those who have served in combat theaters to a comprehensive GI bill that provides full tuition, books, fees, and living expenses at any institution to which the veteran is accepted.